
Leeds and Thirsk Railway Company
Incorporated on 30th June 1845.
A line running 46 miles between the towns, connecting with the Leeds and Bradford, and the Great North of England Railways. It opened in 1849, was renamed the Leeds Northern Railway in 1851, and passed to the North Eastern Railway in 1854.
Original Capital £925,000 in 18,500 Original shares of £50 each. New shares of £50 each issued in 1845 for extension, followed by other denominations in subsequent years. Capital £2,243,000 in shares and £734,933 in loans.
1845