|REF. NO.||DENOMINATION||DESCRIPTION||NO. ISSUED||CONDITION||VALUE|
|101||1 share||, black, pale green paper, with coupons||1200||EF||£40|
Société du Casino de Vichy
Formed by 1898. The original Casino, designed by architect Charles Badger, was opened in 1865. It expanded at the turn of the century by the addition of an Art Nouveau theatre of 1400 seats. It was in this theatre that the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate met in 1940 to grant powers to Marshal Petain. In more recent times the Casino was moved to the Grand Cafe next door and now operates as the Casino de Grand Cafe.
Capital 60,000 francs in shares of 50 francs.