Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway Company
Incorporated on 1st August 1859. A line to link Londonderry to Buncrana. It opened in 1863 and remained independent through the Great Southern Railway merger in 1925 as 3 miles of its track lay in Northern Ireland. The company replaced it’s services with road transportation, and this lead to it being one of the longest lived railway companies in Great Britain and Ireland.
Capital £40,000 in £10 shares.