|REF. NO.||DENOMINATION||DESCRIPTION||NO. ISSUED||CONDITION||VALUE|
|101||100 peso share||1899, mauve, with coupons||16,000||GVF||£60-80|
Banco de Coahuila
Formed by prominent businessmen in 1898 with main offices in Saltillo. It opened more branches and was allowed to issue banknotes in the State. The Revoloution casued chaos for the banks which were made to make loans to the Government. Their banknotes gradually circulated at a discount and by 1915 the bank was wound up and reformed as Banco Refaccionario y Fideicomiso de Coahuila and no longer had the ability to issue notes. Finally absorbed by Banco Internacional which itself is now part of HSBC.
Capital $1,600,000 in shares of $100.