Other city spellings: St.-Pétersbourg, Petrograd, Pétrograde
Formed in 1910 with head office in St. Petersburg as a result of a merger of the Russo-Chinese Bank with Banque du Nord. Initial capital was 35,000,000 roubles in shares of 187.50 roubles. In 1912, this was increased to 45,000,000 roubles. The bank was nationalised in late 1917 by the Soviet Government. English Court Order to wind up in December 1926; the first and final dividend only being paid in March, 1955.
The bon, written in Russian and French, is for the equivalent of 1/124880 parts of the monetary value of the Russo-Asiatic Bank. This was issued when the bank was formed in 1910 with its head office in St. Petersburg. Russo-Chinese Bank shareholders received this bon in addition to shares in the newly formed Russo-Asiatic Bank.
In 1910, the Russo-Chinese Bank and Banque du Nord merged, a large domestic Russian bank, to form the Russo-Asiatic Bank. Former French diplomat Maurice Verstraëte, who had managed the Banque du Nord since its creation, became the chief executive of the merged entity. By 1914 it was the largest Russian bank with 672 million rubles in total assets. By 1916 it had 105 branches: 54 in the European and Caucasian part of the Russian Empire; 31 in Russian Turkestan, Siberia and the Russian Far East; 14 in China, and 6 in Bombay, Colombo, Karachi, London, Paris, and Yokohama. (Source: Wikipedia)