|sold by Boone 4/19|
|101||1 share||1901, green||8000?||VF||£-|
Northern Steamship Company Limited
Северное Пароходное Общество
Société de Bateau à Vapeur du Nord
Other city spellings: Petrograd, Pétrograde, St.-Pétersbourg
Founded in 1900 with head office in St. Petersburg.
Initial capital was 2,000,000 roubles in shares of 250 roubles.
The company provided transport between Kotlas, Archangel, Murmansk and the Barents Sea – and also between the Russian Black Sea ports and the East-Siberian harbours, with stops in Constantinople, Beirut, Colombo, Calcutta, Singapore, Hong Kong and Nagasaki. By 1911, the company operated 19 steamships and 90 sea-worthy sail ships.
Certificates are signed by board members Karl E. Regel and Friedrich F. Kehr, both of German origin.