Moscow Cement Factory
Московское Акционерное Общество для Производства Цемента и Других Строительных Материалов и Торговли Ими
Moskauer Aktiengesellschaft für Herstellung und Handel mit Zement und Sonstigen Baumaterialien
Other city spellings: Moscou, Moskau
Formed in 1875 with head office in Moscow. Initial capital was 600,000 roubles in shares of 100 roubles. Capital was later increased to 1,200,000 roubles in shares of 100 roubles. It was one of the first cement factories in Russia.
The Moscow Cement Factory was founded in 1875 by the Russian entrepreneur Porokhorowschchikov in the town of Podolsk, Moscow Governorate, as one of the first cement factories in Russia. Its initial capital was 600,000 rubles. In the early 1880s the factory ran into financial difficulties and approached the German trading house Wogau & Co. in Moscow for a financial interest. Wogau was also already invested in the cement industry: in 1875 Wogau, had taken over the Riga cement factory, which had been founded in 1866, after it had also run into financial problems. Hugo von Wogau, the founder’s son, took a stake in the Moscow cement factory together with two proven business partners. The three acquired a majority stake.