|101||1 share (specimen)||1895, second issue, blue, brown, black||10,000||–||?|
Société des Bàteaux à Vapeur d’Azoff
Общества Азовскаго Пароходства
Azoff Steamship Company
Other city spellings: Azov, St.-Pétersbourg, Petrograde, Pétrograde
The company was founded in 1871 with head office in St. Petersburg.
Initial capital unknown. Capital was increased by 1,000,000 roubles in 1895, in shares of 100 roubles.
The company was founded in 1871 to transport goods between the ports at the Sea of Azov and the River Don. The company owned warehouses in Odessa, Yevpatoria, Kerch, Taman, Sebastopol, Yalta and Taganrog. It owned a fleet of river ships as well as several big seagoing ships (for both goods and passengers) such as the “Batum”, “Novorossiisk”, “Sebastopol” and “Yalta” – totaling a transport capacity of some 3,500 tons. Between 1902 and 1905, the firm got into financial difficulties and was supported by the State. The company continued its operations in Soviet times as the “Asov Sea Steamship Co. of the Ministry of Shipping of the Soviet Union”.