|REF. NO.||DENOMINATION||DESCRIPTION||NO. ISSUED||CONDITION||VALUE|
|101||1 share||1908, green & black, with coupons||3,000||VF||£45|
Trading Company Muir & Mirrielees, Limited
Торгово-Промышленное Товарищество “Мюръ и Мерилизъ”
Other city spellings: Moscou, Moskau
Formed in 1907 with Head Office in Moscow. The largest department store in Moscow formed by two Scottish merchants in 1857. The company was formed in 1907 with a new Gothic Revival building erected in Theatre Square. It was nationalised during the revolution and its assets were confiscated. The Bolsheviks renamed the store TsUM, which is still in existence.
Capital was 3,000,000 roubles in shares of 1000 roubles. This was increased to 3,750,000 roubles in 1916.