|REF. NO.||DENOMINATION||DESCRIPTION||NO. ISSUED||CONDITION||VALUE|
|101||2/6d shares||190, fully paid, black||>262||VF||£20-25|
Winchester Gold Mining Company Ltd
Registered 1st of January 1895 as a reconstruction of the Callao Bis Ltd. Name on registration was North Coolgardie Co., Ltd. Changed to Winchester Gold Mining Co., Ltd. in June 1903. Company number 42901. In voluntary liquidation October 1906.
Capital £85,000 in 5/- shares, reduced to £42,500 in 2/6d shares in 1904.
The Callao Bis Ltd., held 500 acres of gold bearing ground in Venezuela, work on this ground was suspended in 1893 but later restarted in 1901. The reconstruction was undertaken to purchase ground near Coolgardie. This ground proved to be disappointing and was abandoned the same year, with new ground being taken up at Heidelberg district, Transvaal.