Abingdon Railway Company
Incorporated on 22nd July 1855.
A broad gauge line running from the Oxford branch of the Great Western Railway to Abingdon (originally proposed as part of the Oxford branch line in 1837). It became owned by the Great Western Railway in 1904, who had worked the line since it’s opening.
Capital £15,000 in Shares of £10 each. Loans of £5,000. Additional capital in 1862 of £5,000.