|101||£25 Railway share||?||?||–||–|
Ambergate, Nottingham, Boston and Eastern Junction Railway (and Canal) Company
Incorporated on 16th July 1846.
A standard gauge line to connect with the Midland Railway (included the purchase of the Nottingham and Grantham Canals). Only 22 miles between Grantham and Colwick were completed by it’s opening in 1850, the route utilising a branch of the Midland Railway on to Nottingham. It was amalgamated with the Great Northern Railway in 1853, and re-named the Nottingham and Grantham Railway in 1860.
Railway Capital £1,932,000 in shares of £25 each. Loans of £643,666. Capital for purchase of canals £232,500 in shares and £77,500 in loans.