Amesbury and Military Camp Light Railway Company
Incorporated by Light Railway Order 24th September 1898
A short standard gauge line running from a section of the London and South Western Railway to Amesbury, Wiltshire (planned to be a longer route to Shrewton but part abandoned in 1901). It was opened in October 1901 and extended in 1903 to the Bulford Military Camp. Built and worked by the London and South Western company, the line was in use until the 1960’s.