Ashton, Staleybridge and Liverpool Junction Railway Company
Incorporated on 21st July 1845
A 6½ mile standard gauge line between the Huddersfield and Manchester, and the Manchester and Leeds Railways in the towns. It opened in 1846 and was sold to the Manchester and Leeds Railway, subsequently passing to the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (which the former became) in 1847.
Capital £60,000, loans £20,000