Barnsley Coal Railway Company
Incorporated on 22nd July 1861
A standard gauge line running 4 miles from the South Yorkshire Railway. Purchased by the South Yorkshire company in 1863 (having subscribed £10,000), extended to link to the Midland Railway in 1864, and leased to the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway in 1874.
Capital £40,000 in £10 shares and loans of £13,000.