Bedford and Cambridge Railway Company
Incorporated on 6th August 1860
A standard gauge line 29 miles in length running between the towns, which opened in 1862. The London and North Western Railway subscribed £70,000, and the line passed to that company in 1865, giving the company a route through to Cambridge.
Capital £240,000 in shares of £10 each, loans of £80,000.