Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Dudley Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd August 1846
An 11 mile standard gauge line between Birmingham and Wolverhampton, which met with opposition from the London and Birmingham and Grand Junction Companies, but was supported due to its connections for the manufacturing and mining industries. It amalgamated with the Birmingham and Oxford Junction Railway, and both were purchased by the Great Western prior to opening.
Capital £700,000 in 35,000 shares of £20 each, £5 paid. Loans of £233,330.