Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Stour Valley Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd August 1846.
A standard gauge line in direct competition with the Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Dudley Railway. It was proposed by the London and North Western and Shrewsbury and Birmingham Railways (each holding ¼ capital) and was leased by the former in 1846. It opened in 1852 and was absorbed by the LNWR in 1867.
Capital £1,110,000 in 55,500 Shares of £20 each. Loans of £370,000.