Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton Railway Company
Incorporated on 30th June 1845
A standard gauge line running 14 miles connecting the named towns. It was widened and extended in 1846, and became amalgamated with the Blackburn, Clitheroe and North Western Railway to form the Bolton, Blackburn, Clitheroe, and West Yorkshire Railway in 1847.
Capital £550,000 in 12,000 Shares of £25 each. Loans of £183,000. Additional capital in 1846 of £250,000 (New Shares), and loans of £83,000.