|REF. NO.||DENOMINATION||DESCRIPTION||NO. ISSUED||CONDITION||VALUE|
|101||£20 share||original issue||?||–||£-|
|102||£20 ordinary share||1880, black||162,500||EF||£35-40|
|103||£20 preference share||?||?||VF||?|
Bolckow Vaughan and Company Ltd
Registered 1864. Dissolved <1948. Company number 1705C.
Originally a partnership of Henry Bolckow and John Vaughan, ironmasters in Middlesbrough. The company registered in 1864 with an enormous capital of £2,500,000, making it the largest formed to that date. Thought to have grown to the largest producer of pig iron in the world by 1907. Acquired by Dorman Long & Co. Ltd. in 1929 for an exchange of shares and the company placed in liquidation.
Capital by 1880 had grown to £3,650,000 in 162,500 ordinary shares and 20,000 preference shares of £20.