Bridport Railway Company
Incorporated on 5th May 1855
A broad gauge line connected to the Wilts, Somerset and Weymouth Railway. The 9 mile line opened in 1857 worked by the Great Western, who leased the line and eventually took ownership in 1901. It was altered to standard gauge and extended several times.
Original Capital £65,000 in shares of £10 each. Loans of £21,600. Additional capital in 1859 of £20,000 in preference shares, and further in 1879 of £42,000 and loans £14,000.