Brighton Electric Railway Company
Incorporated circa 1902.
Also known as ‘Volks Electric Railway’, the short narrow gauge line was first built in 1883, at a gauge of 2ft, and was the 2nd public electric railway in the world. It was later widened to 2ft 8½ in 1886 and was extended in 1910 following closure of the Brighton and Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway. The line still remains in use today between Brighton Aquarium and Black Rock.
Capital not known