Bristol and Gloucester Railway Company (Bristol and Gloucestershire)
Incorporated on 19th June 1828
Originally the Bristol and Gloucestershire Railway of 1828, amended to form part of a much larger proposal (a line to run from Bristol to Birmingham). The converted and extended line opened in 1835 as the first railway in Bristol, and was re-named the Bristol and Gloucester on 1st July 1839 when the Act for the Bristol and Gloucester Extension was passed. The line was taken over by the Midland Railway in 1846.
Capital £45,000 in shares. Loans of £12,000.