Bristol Port, Railway and Pier Company
Incorporated on 17th July 1862
A 5¾ mile line linking the port of Bristol to the ‘Old Channel’ on the river Avon. Original sections opened in 1865, later extended to join the South Wales Union, and the Midland Railways. The line was vested in the Midland and Great Western Companies in 1890.
Capital £125,000 in shares of £10 each, loans of £41,000.