Canterbury and Whitstable Railway
Incorporated on 10th June 1925
A 6 mile line running between the towns, and the first railway to transport passengers by steam locomotive (used for goods only up to this point). The line opened in 1830 and was leased to the South Eastern Railway in 1844, subsequently purchased by them in 1853.
Capital £31,000 in shares of £50 each, loans of £8,000.