Castleton and Grosmont Railway Company
Incorporated on 11th July 1861
An extension of the Cleveland line of the North Eastern Railway, also linking to the Whitby and Pickering Railway which had to be deviated and converted for locomotive use under this Act. It opened in 1865 and the Cleveland line became amalgamated with the North Eastern at this time.
Capital £180,000 in shares and £60,000 in loans. Shares issued by NER.