Cornwall Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd August 1846
Proposed as a “railway and other works from Plymouth to Falmouth and other places in the County of Cornwall.” The Great Western, the Bristol and Exeter, and the South Devon Railways all subscribed to the project, and leased the line jointly from it’s opening in 1859. The line passed to the Great Western in 1889.
Original capital £1,600,000 divided into shares of £50 each, and £25 each. Loans of £533,333. Capital reduced in 1852 to £1,125,060 in shares of £20 each. Loans of £375,020, and in 1861 it was fixed at £1,375,000 and £458,000 respectively.