|101||£20 share||185, black||>1694||VF||£40-50|
Darlington and Barnard Castle Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd July 1854. A 15¼ mile line between the towns also connecting with the Stockton and Darlington Railway. It opened in 1856, and became amalgamated (along with others) with the Stockton & Darlington Railway who issued preferential stock in lieu of existing shares, to pay all debts. The Stockton and Darlington became part of the North Eastern Railway from 1963.
Capital £100,000 in shares of £20 each, loans of £33,000.