Didcot, Newbury and Southampton (Junction) Railway Company
First Incorporated on 5th August 1873
A 34 mile line between the Great Western, and the South Western Railways, including a branch line and connection to the London and South Western system. The line was improved by the Act of 1880, under a new board of directors formed by Lord Caernarvon, and the ‘Junction’ removed from the title in 1883. In 1921 the company was absorbed by the Great Western Railway.
Original Capital £600,000 in shares of £10 each, and loans of £200,000. By 1883 the authorised capital was £1,600,000, of which £307,210 issued in £10 ordinary shares, and £640,550 in £10 perpetual 5% preference shares, totalling £947, 760. Loans of £533,000. £359,450 raised by the issue of pre-preference stock in 1885.