|102||£15 share||183, black on vellum||100
Eastern Institution, Commercial Road
Formed in 1833 containing a library of some 1000 volumes, a lecture theatre and held music concerts. A new large classical building opened in 1839. In 1848 a large meeting was held to congratulate the French on their recent Republic. In 1849 the building was owned by the Mercers Company and then used by the Wesleyan Seaman’s Mission by 1853.
Capital £4,000 in 200 shares of £20 plus additional capital raised on debenture 100 shares of £15.