Garston and Liverpool Railway Company
Incorporated on 17th May 1861
A 4½ mile line built by the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire, and the Great Northern Railways to run from Garston (and the St. Helens company) to the Docks in Liverpool. It opened in 1864 and passed to the Cheshire Lines Committee.
Capital £450,000 in shares and £150 in loans, raised in equal parts by both owning companies.