Gloucester and Cheltenham Railway Company
Incorporated on 28th April 1809.
A horse-drawn tramway over 8 miles between the towns, built in the 3ft 6in gauge. It was sold to the Birmingham and Gloucester, and the Cheltenham and Great Western Union Railways in 1837, but much of the original line was not used and remained a horse-drawn route until 1861.
Capital £25,000 in shares and £10,000 in loans.