
King’s Lynn Docks and Railway Company
Incorporated on 19th June 1865.
Formed to build Alexandra Dock and a short connecting railway with the Great Eastern Railway line. This small line passed to the London and North Eastern Railway during 1923 ‘grouping’.
Original capital £66,000 and loans £22,000. New capital for substitute line £9,500 and loans £3,160. Additional capital in 1873 of £60,000 and loans £20,000; 1877 for new dock £130,000 and loans £43,200; and 1884 for improvements £100,000 and £33,000.
1865