|101||£100 share||1867, blue, red seal||>1101||EF||£40-50|
Lancashire Union Railways Company
Incorporated on 25th July 1864.
A 21 mile line linking 4 towns in the area and forming junctions with the North Union and the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railways. It was extended in 1865 and 1866 under joint management with the Lancashire and Yorkshire company, opened in 1869 and passed to the London and North Western Railway in 1883.
Capital £250,000 in £100 shares, and loans of £83,000. Additional in 1865 for extension, £200,000 and £66,000 respectively.