|101||£20 share||1846, black, red seal||>14260||VF||£60|
Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle-upon-Tyne Junction Railway Company
Incorporated on 2nd July 1846.
Originally intended as a much longer railway, the line as built was a short connecting line between the Manchester and Leeds and the East Lancashire Railways, the Act also including for alterations and extensions to those existing lines. It became jointly owned by the East Lancashire Railway.
Capital £1,440,000 in 70,000 shares of £20 each. Loans of £473,333.