London, Chatham and Dover Railway Company
Incorporated on 1st August 1859 to change the name of the East Kent Railway.
A line running from Strood to Canterbury and on to Dover. The company later joined with the South Eastern Railway to create the South Eastern and Chatham Railway, but remained an independent company until 1923.
Capital set at 1860 as £1,580,000 in ordinary and preference shares. Numerous extensions with new shares issued; Metropolitan Extensions, Victoria Station Improvements, Eastern Sections, and City lines. Capital in 1890 of £18,719,937 in stock and shares, and £8,143,566 in loans.