|106||‘Brandling’ share||, black||>9503||VF||£80-100|
|111||Extensions share||1846, black, red overprint||>14788||EF||£100-120|
Newcastle and Darlington Junction Railway Company
Incorporated on 18th June 1842
A 23 mile line connecting the Great North of England and the Durham Junction Railways in the towns, opened in 1844. The company later bought the Durham Junction and Brandling Junction Railways, and jointly leased the Great North of England Railway with the York and North Midland Railway, purchasing it in 1846. The company was amalgamated into the York, Newcastle and Berwick Railway which formed part of the original North Eastern Railway.
Original Capital £500,000 in shares and loans of £166,000. Increased numerous times for purchases/leases.