|101||£25 share||18, black||>12123||AVF||£-|
Newmarket and Chesterford Railway Company
Incorporated on 16th July 1846.
A 22 mile line running from the Eastern Counties Railway to Norwich with a branch to Cambridge. It opened in 1848 after being extended and re-named the Newmarket Railway, and amalgamated with others to form the Great Eastern Railway in 1862.
Original Capital £350,000 in 14,000 Whole Shares of £25 each. Loans of £116,666. A further £106,250 and £118,750 (shares and loans) were raised for the Thetford and Bury extensions.