Northern and Eastern Railway Company
Incorporated on 4th July 1836.
A 30 mile line connecting London’s Islington to Stratford and the Eastern Counties Railway, but originally intended to link London and York. The broad-gauge line was leased to the Eastern Counties from 1844 and converted to standard gauge. The Northern and Eastern remained independent until 1902, then joining the Great Eastern Railway.
Original Capital £923,466 in 14,400 Whole Shares of £50 each, and 12,208 Quarter Shares of £12.10s each. Loans of £707,822.