Northumberland Central Railway Company
Incorporated on 28th July 1863,
A 36 mile line connecting with the North Eastern Railway’s Berwick and Kelso branch, and the North British Railway. It had been intended to run 49 miles, but was reduced in 1867 along with the capital amount, and amalgamated with the North British Railway in 1872.
Capital £270,000 in £10 shares. Loans of £90,000. Reduced to £100,000 in total in 1867.