Otley and Ilkley Joint Railway Company
Incorporated on 11th July 1861.
An extension of the Midland Railway (Leeds and Thirsk section) to join the North Eastern Railway in Burley-in-Wharfdale, a route of about 12 miles. It opened in 1865 and passed to the London, Midland and Scottish and the London North Eastern companies at grouping.
Capital £185,000 and loans £61,000, possibly raised by the Midland Railway.