Preston and Wyre Railway (Harbour and Dock) Company
Incorporated on 3rd July 1835
A 19½ mile standard gauge line linking Preston to the River Wyre. It opened in 1840, and passed to the Lancashire and Yorkshire, and the London and North Western Railways jointly, becoming owned by them in 1888.
Original Capital £300,000 in 2,600 Shares of £50 each, and 10,800 Half Shares of £25 each. Loans of£100,000.