Shrewsbury and Birmingham Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd August 1846. A 22½ mile line between Shrewsbury and Wolverhampton, later evolving into a number of branches. The line was promoted by the London and Birmingham company, but passed to the Great Western in 1851.
Original Capital £1,300,000 in 52,000 Class A Shares of £15 each, and 52,000 Class B Shares of £10 each. Loans of £433,000.