|101||£20 share||1846, black||>24801||GVF||£60-80|
|102||5% preference share||?||?||–||£-|
|103||New £10 share||?||?||–||£-|
Shrewsbury and Hereford Railway Company
Incorporated on 3rd August 1846. A 50 mile double line built in the standard gauge, running between the towns. It opened in 1853, and was absorbed into the Great Western and the London and North Western companies in 1862, allowing both companies access between the South Wales coal fields and the industry in the Northwest.
Original capital £450,000 in Shares of £20 each. Loans of £150,000. New capital in 1856 of £225,000 in 5% preference shares, and £75,000 in loans.