Wear Valley Railway Company
Incorporated on 31st July 1845.
A line from the Bishop Auckland and Weardale Railway, to Frosterley and Bishopley where limestone quarries were located. It opened in 1847 and amalgamated with the Bishop Auckland and Weardale, the Wear and Derwent, and the Weardale Extension Railways. Passed to the Stockton and Darlington Railway in 1858.
Capital £783,972 in shares and £ 40,000 in loans, fixed by Act of 1851.