Wenlock Railway Company
Incorporated on 22nd July 1861.
Two lines, the first of 14 miles to connect the Much Wenlock and Severn Junction Railway with the Shrewsbury and Hereford Railway between Much Wenlock itself and Wistanstow. The second was a short line to cross the River Severn and run to Coalbrookdale Ironworks. Both were worked by the Great Western company.
Ordinary capital £100,000 in £10 shares, preference capital £25,000, and loans of £41,500.