West Riding and Grimsby Railway Company
Incorporated on 7th August 1862.
A line running 28½ miles to connect the Bradford, Wakefield and Leeds Railway with the South Yorkshire line. It passed to the Great Northern and the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railways in 1866.
Original capital £360,000 in shares of £10 each, loans of £120,000. Additional raised in 1864 for Wakefield station of £80,000, and further capital of £60,000 raised in 1865.