West Yorkshire Railway Company
Incorporated on 10th July 1854.
A 10 mile line connecting the towns of Bradford, Wakefield and Leeds, also named by the towns it joined. Additional capital was raised in 1859 and 1860 for numerous extensions, and in 1864 the North Eastern and the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railways subscribed £25,000 each. The company became amalgamated with the Great Northern Railway in 1865.
Capital £180,000 loans £60,000 additional £33,000