|101||£10 ordinary share||?||?||–||–|
|103||5% preference share||?||?||–||–|
|105||3¼% preference share||?||?||–||–|
Wigan Junction Railway Company
Incorporated on 16th July 1874.
A 12½ mile line connecting Wigan with the Cheshire Lines network. It had junctions with the Lancashire Union and the London and North Western Railways, and was also funded and worked by the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway. The line opened fully in 1884.
Capital £210,000 in shares of £10 each, loans of £70,000. Capital increased in 1875 by £240,000 and £80,000 respectively, and subscribed to numerous times by the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire company with preference shares being issued. Total capital in 1890 £576,280.