Airdrie and Bathgate Junction Railway Company
Incorporated on 13th August 1846
A standard gauge line planned to run between the towns and to include branches, a distance of nearly 20 miles. The company was wound up in 1850 and taken over by the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway in 1852, which became part of the North British Railway in 1865.
Capital £300,000 in 12,000 Shares of £25 each, £2.10s paid. Loans of £100,000